Shubhamjam
0

Ever wondered if legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, who has millions of fans across the globe, could also be someone’s fan? Yes, the little master has himself acknowledged that he is a fan of Amir Hussain Lone, a 34-year-old differently-abled cricketer from Waghama village in Bijbehara, Jammu and Kashmir. Sachin expressed his desire to meet Amir and get a jersey with his name since he was immensely impressed by the cricketer’s unique playing style and inspirational journey.

Amir,  also the captain of Jammu & Kashmir’s Para cricket team, lost both his arms in an accident at the age of eight. He has been playing professionally since 2013, discovered by a teacher, who introduced him to Para Cricket.

Touched by Amir’s dedication to the game, Tendulkar expressed his admiration for and aspiration to meet him, commending him for inspiring millions passionate about cricket. Tendulkar was amazed at Amir’s achievement, saying, “And Amir has made the impossible possible. I am so touched watching this! Shows how much love and dedication he has for the game. Hope I get to meet him one day and get a jersey with his name. Well done for inspiring millions who are passionate about playing the sport,” Sachin Tendulkar posted on X on Friday.

Speaking about his journey after the accident, Amir said that he received little support from the government but found unwavering support from his family. He also said that he was never bogged down by challenges and always believed in his independence and self-reliance. He played nationals in Delhi in 2013 and an international match against Bangladesh in 2018, Amir showcased his skills in various cricketing events globally, including Nepal, Sharjah, and Dubai.

“After the accident, I didn’t lose hope and worked hard. I can do everything by myself and I am not dependent on anyone. No one helped me after my accident. Not even the government supported me but my family was always there for me,” Amir told ANI.

Acknowledging the applause he receives for his game, Amir said that he wants to always work hard and get success. He expressed his admiration for Tendulkar and Virat Kohli. He hoped to meet them soon, guided by the belief that hard work and dedication can overcome any obstacle.

“I have been applauded for my game everywhere and I think it is because of God that my hard work paid off because bowling from the legs is really difficult but I have learned all the skills and techniques. I do every task on my own and I am not dependent on anyone except God,” the cricketer added.



from Firstpost Firstcricketnews Latest News https://ift.tt/dYWtmcL

Posted in Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Virat Kohli's Animated Chat With Umpire After RCB Star's No Ball vs CSK Has Internet Talking

There was a point during the CSK innings when Kohli and Faf du Plessis chatted animatedly with the umpires. from Latest Cricket News, Cric...