Shubhamjam
0

South Africa spinner Tabraiz Shamsi is looking forward to taking on India skipper Rohit Sharma and Pakistan captain Babar Azam in the ongoing 2023 ODI World Cup.

World Cup 2023: News | Schedule | Results | Points table

South Africa have got their campaign off to an excellent start, registering four wins out of five matches to be placed second in the points table, behind India. While they have beaten the likes of Sri Lanka, Australia and England, the Proteas are yet to face India, New Zealand and Pakistan.

Having said that, South Africa take on Pakistan in their sixth league match in Chennai on Friday.

When asked about the opposition batters, Shamsi said that all teams had at least four-five quality batters, but picked a select few he wanted to get out in the upcoming games.

“If you look at the squads, all the teams are similar. They have top four-five batters in each team, so there’s gonna be no easy batsman I am going to to come across, but if I have to pick a couple of players, I would love to bowl against Rohit Sharma, Babar Azam. I would love to get those two guys out, hopefully if I get an opportunity to play against them and bowl against them,” Shamsi said during the Mic Up segment of the First Sports show hosted by Rupha Ramani.

Shamsi said that he was also eager to face Shreyas Iyer when his team take on India on 5 November.

“Another guy would probably be Shreyas Iyer. The last time I was in India, we got this healthy, little competition between each other. We’re quite friendly off the field, but on the field, it’s pretty intense,” said the 33-year-old.

“In South Africa, I had got him out. When I was here in India the last time, he smashed me around. So, I am looking forward to that. It’s that challenge that pumps you up. He is going to be looking to go after me, and I am going to be looking to get his wicket,” the Johannesburg-born cricketer added.



from Firstpost Firstcricketnews Latest News https://ift.tt/kYvgJO5

Posted in Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Virat Kohli's Animated Chat With Umpire After RCB Star's No Ball vs CSK Has Internet Talking

There was a point during the CSK innings when Kohli and Faf du Plessis chatted animatedly with the umpires. from Latest Cricket News, Cric...