Shubhamjam
0

South Africa cricketer Quinton de Kock has apologised to teammates and fans after missing the T20 World Cup match against West Indies due to Cricket South Africa's (CSA) directive on taking the knee.

"I would like to start by saying sorry to my teammates, and the fans back home," de Kock said in statement released by the CSA. "If me taking a knee helps to educate others, and makes the lives of others better, I am more than happy to do so."

The wicketkeeper-batter has also praised the team's captain Temba Bavuma for his support and added that he has no problem in playing for the national team again if the captain and his teammates give the approval.

"I just want to thank my teammates for their support, especially my captain, Temba. People might not recognise, but he is a flipping amazing leader. If he and the team, and South Africa, will have me, I would love nothing more than to play cricket for my country again," de Kock said.

Ahead of the West Indies game in Dubai, CSA issued a statement saying it had ordered players to make the anti-racism gesture ahead of their remaining games at the tournament.

In a second statement responding to de Kock's withdrawal from Tuesday's game, CSA said it noted the wicketkeeper-batsman's “personal decision” not to take a knee and would decide on its next course of action after a report from team management. There was speculation that de Kock, a former national team captain, would return home from the World Cup.



from Firstpost Firstcricketnews Latest News https://ift.tt/2ZEj7bR

Posted in Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Virat Kohli's Animated Chat With Umpire After RCB Star's No Ball vs CSK Has Internet Talking

There was a point during the CSK innings when Kohli and Faf du Plessis chatted animatedly with the umpires. from Latest Cricket News, Cric...